Thursday, March 10, 2011

Part 3 “Wake-up Call”

“Leo, Leo! Leo, are you okay?”

I awaken with a start. Sweat drips from my brow. Why am I on the ground?

“Leo, I heard a crash, looks like you fell into your armor bundle are you alright?”

I don't recognize this one, he must be new.

“I'm fine, haven't fallen out of bed in years, surprised I slept through it.”

“Are you sure you're okay? You look kind of pale.”

“It's nothing, probably just had too much to drink, my head is pounding.”
It's true enough, I do have a nasty headache. Must have had one too many last night.

“Well, no point in going back to sleep now, almost time to head out. I was up early to help tend to the horses. Mind helping? Since you're up anyway.”

I shrug and follow him to the stable where we kept our horses for the night. I help how I can, but ever since about a month before these blackouts started the horses haven't liked me getting to close while carrying my gear. We tend to use wagons for our footmen anyway, so no-one has really noticed yet. Mostly, I pack gear onto the wagon. Make sure the wagons are in good repair.

“Leo, Captain want's to speak with you,” this time its Medic Bryant. When The Captain has a medic come to bring you to him, it's not a good sign.

“Did either of you get hit with the nightmares? We missed the shaman from that orc town,and he thought he'd get some revenge I guess. One of our wizards worked up a feedback spell though, shouldn't have to worry about him again.”

It's relieving to hear that the dream wasn't actually mine. I nod and leave the rest of the work to the new guy. I follow Bryant to the room The Captain reserved for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment